Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Google Base API to be deprecated

Google Base API to be deprecated 3 years 9 months ago #9035

• tim
  • Thinkery Staff
  • Thank you received: 318
Google announced a few days ago that they will be retiring their Google Base APIs effective June 2011 (google-latlong.blogspot.com/2011/01/reti...-on-google-maps.html).

This means that they will no longer be accepting feeds for real estate via the Google Base system, and no longer returning property data in Google Maps searches.

We will therefore remove the Google Base feed format with version 1.5.5 of IProperty.

This is unfortunate for our users who have been using this feature. We hope that Google will announce a new service in the near future for real estate syndication-- it seems to be the common opinion that Google is not out of the game, just changing their tactics.

We plan to work with any new service that Google decides to provide-- we'll announce news when we hear of it.

Thanks
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.694 seconds

Return Policy

Due to GPL license restrictions, all sales are final. We cannot provide refunds, returns, or demo copies of our products. If you have any questions or concerns before you buy, please email us or post a note in the forum. We will be happy to help you ensure you'll be happy with your purchase. Thank you for understanding.

Login/Logout

Random Testimonial

First off let me say that I have literally tried every other Real Estate component in the JED. I've been using HP for a few years now and switched to iProperty and SO glad I did! It's miles ahead (...)
Spadilla
Testimonial from JED
Thursday, 08 April 2010