Not finding what you're looking for? Don't hesitate to contact us!
Before posting questions in the forums, please be sure to read the FAQs by clicking on the FAQs link in the sidebar product menu. You must be logged in and have a valid subscription to access the SUPPORT FORUMS.
Miguel Feio created the topic: A few questions before buying...
I've been asked to design a CMS site for a real estate and I must say I'm a newbie in joomla (have heard of it bu never have worked with it). I've looked through the extensions and IP has caught my eye and I believe that it can be the solution I was looking for but my clients may have a few issues (related to look and feel) and I want to see if it is possible to work around.
So these are the questions I have:
1) Can the google map be taken off completely from all the properies and advance search?
2) Can I have a google map in with the contacts of the office?
3) Is it possible to have the quick search with sliders as well?
4) Is it possible to incorporate a slideshow on the front page?
5) Is the PDF customizable both in content and look?
6) In the advance search is it possible to include a photo of each house? - I won't be needing some of the information displayed.
7) Is it possible to completely remove the IP logo (ie. when you try to save something to my favorites without being logged on?
8) Is it possible to create a newsletter field?
9) Is it possible to include thumbnails of other pictures in the property page?
Please let me know as soon as possible as this is quite a urgent matter.
tim replied the topic: Re: A few questions before buying...
1) yes, you can choose not to show the adv search view, and by simply not providing a google api key to the product, streetview and maps will be hidden.
2) can you explain what you mean?
3) No, not without extensive customization.
4) Sure, that's not part of our core product, but it can be accomplished using a third party tool.
5) Yes, but as you say, it's customization. You'll need to hack the pdf view.
6) If you want the advanced search to not have a map, then you'll be disabling the advanced search-- so the short answer is no, not if you choose not to display a map.
8) I'm not sure what you mean. There are many newsletter components for Joomla that you can install-- this would have nothing to do with IProperty, but can easily be accomplished.
9) Again, please explain what you mean-- there is a photo gallery of the property images-- so it already includes all images available for the property.
Miguel Feio replied the topic: Re:A few questions before buying...
Thanks for your quick answer.
Let me clarify your questions and my doubts:
1)I didn't mean take the advance search completely out - I mean take the map out of the advance search but keep the remaining options.
2)my client wants to have a map with the location of the office next to his contact details - this can be done either by googlemaps or by image, my question is - can I add this to the contact page - Sorry this kind of questions must be completely dumb but as I said I'm a newbie in joomla.
3)ok - can you give me a rough estimate on this?
6)ok - you've already answered my 1st question with this answer, but then, can I specify which is the maximum zoom level and not show address details, gps location or street view?
9)There is a photo gallery but tehe tab on top with the number of images is a bit misleading - I've tried clicking several times on it to show me the other images and of course it didn't. If there was a possivility od showing thumbs of any other pictures clients would easily click on thumbs to enlarge as it is a standard web behaviour already establish. If this is not possible of course I can work around that, even with a "click on image for more pics" below, is just a detail.
tim replied the topic: Re:A few questions before buying...
1) no, this is not possible without entirely rewriting the search.
2) this is do-able using a standard Joomla Gmap module. Should be very simple.
3) At this time we can't take on custom work-- we need to spend all our dev time on iPortal and new releases of IP
6) yes, you can choose max zoom level, though in the current release this takes a small customization. You can also choose not to use street view and you can use a title rather than address.
9) we plan to address this soon, but it's a very minor change.